Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Allietare-ing along

Three things to be happy about:
(1) hump day (even if you're retired!)
(2) finding a bargain
(3) a thoughtful gesture


My neighbors who live directly across from me spent the Christmas holidays on their farm down in Virginia, about two  hours away.  Meanwhile when I noticed their mailbox was overflowing, I collected it and held it for them until they returned.  Yesterday when Rachel came over to collect it she brought me these pretty flowers!  I posted about a visit to their farm here.

Rachel is one of the sweetest people I know, it feels so good to be thought about!




Allietare - there's something so happy about these blocks that make up the Allietare quilt!



Somehow they make me want to sing, especially when they're turned on point!  Well, hum anyway.


I'm working on the gold-centered stars at this point; since I've finished all their units, it's easier to go ahead and get them out of the way.




I have "this" many more to do - seven!

I'm finishing up the black, grey and neutral 4-patches as leaders and enders as I do these blocks... then I can put those stars together and move on to the border - whew!

That's it for now, have a great Wednesday, smell some flowers if you have any, sew forth and sew on ...

2 comments:

  1. you are doing so well with this. I am still on clue #1 and part of #2. I have so many BH UFO's. I need to write a blog about them:0). Your blocks are looking real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking good! I like it on point, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.