Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, January 7, 2016

Allietare progress, a setback

Three things to be happy about:
(1) nice neighbors
(2) new mailing labels
(3) eating breffus

I've always heard that breffus is your most important meal of the day, is that still true?  If so, my most important meal today will be oatmeal with cinnamon, brown sugar, apples, craisins, crushed almonds - and a sprinkle of tumeric!  They say tumeric is good for so many things, is that true?  I'm just going by faith, my friend Renea, and Dr. Oz on that one.

Just look at these blocks!

I'm working on the gold centered stars now, but I wanted to put them on the wall just to see what they'd look like by themselves.

So much sunshine in these blocks!

So much - Allietare!



I like this closeup - can you see the article on the Titanic?

My mother was born that year; she passed away in 1995, at age 82.


And now, an update of sorts in the alley behind my house -

They didn't work on Tuesday, but this is how it looked just before they finished yesterday evening.  While I was away from home they poured the concrete and smoothed it out.

They scored it and it was looking positive - they ended up working under the street lights, so you know they wanted to finish this step!  It must have been close to 7 pm when they stopped.


Sometime after they left someone deliberately walked down the length of the undried concrete, then turned around and walked back.  Somebody with big ole feet!

These men are trying to repair the damage, scraping off the footsteps, pouring new concrete on top, then scoring it with their metal broom.

It's overcast today so I hope this doesn't set them back.  Why do some people want to cause problems??


That's it for now, time for breffus; have a great day, do something nice for someone, sew forth and sew on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.