Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, August 31, 2015

Woe was me, bits and pieces

Three things to be happy about:
(1) kids going back to school - yes!
(2) mood rings
(3) letting concerns roll off your back

Woes come and woes go, but this woe kept coming for no rhyme or reason!

My PC was just rebooting without warning, then it wouldn't boot at all - woe!

I unhooked it (no small feat because I have to pull my heavy desk out from the wall to get at the back) and took it to the Geek Squad.  He plugged it in and it worked like a charm, don't you just hate that?

I admit, there was a lot of dust covering the vents that I wiped off, maybe that was the problem??

Meanwhile, I've been using those 3-1/2" squares I cut to make little sets for my x and plus blocks.

I was spending a lot of time trying to get just the right pieces together, and I think that might be why I was spending "a lot of time" to get the sets put together!

So then I had a bright idea!  I found Pinterest and flickr posts from others making this quilt ... it "freed" me!


From looking at those other blocks, I realized all over again that whatever I put together will look great!

So now I'm just pulling strips and cross-cutting them into 2" squares and 2 x 5" rectangles without a lot of heavy thinking.





They'll all look good in the final quilt!

Did I have this conversation with myself before??

Enjoy your Monday, sew forth and sew on til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.