Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, August 4, 2015

More photos from crab fest

Three things to be happy about:
(1) napping before the TV
(2) taking cooking lessons
(3) country roads

I thought I'd share a few more pictures from our trip to the Eastern Shore last Friday.  I always take way more pictures than I use, does anybody else do that?



I still can't get over how beautiful the weather was, all that bad weather was pushed out of the way just before our trip!



Looking at homes along the shore.  There were some beautiful homes, and they weren't that close together.  (Why didn't I get shots of the beach houses??)

Living in the 'hood as I do, I could appreciate all the open space between the houses!


I hung way out the back (aft??) window to get this shot of the paddle wheels.

Doesn't take much to make me happy - they fascinated me!



Crabs!

This is what was left in one of the baskets after the server had circulated our area twice...


Just look at the poor lady - hair flying in the wind, shirt tail hanging out - we just about wore her out!



Bring em on!!


During the winery tour our guide explained how the grape juice, after being extracted, is chilled for a time in gigantic tanks.

We could see frost on the outside of the tanks!


Rather than using oak barrels to make their wines, they use these stainless steel tanks and add ingredients to flavor them.  For example, one of these tanks was holding Oaked Chambourcin: they add oak chips to the brew to get that oak flavor.

They don't just make grape wine, they make other wines on a rotating schedule - marigold, watermelon, and several others.  Our guide explained that anything that will ferment can be made into wine!

After bottling, the wine has to sit for more than a month to let the process "finish."



Some grapes are processed with the skins on, giving the wine a sweeter taste, while drier wines have the skins removed first and they add sugar.

So that was our winery tour, very interesting stuff!

Today I'm doing more piecing of the Scrap Crystals quilt.  I don't anticipate having to run errands, else those plans may be scrapped.  Hope you have a great Tuesday, sew forth and sew on til later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.