Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Sunday, June 1, 2014

Quilters Unlimited quilt show

Three things to be happy about:
(1) planting flowers
(2) backyard bbq
(3) red nail polish

Yesterday I went to the Virginia Quilters Unlimited quilt show at the Dulles Expo Center with Felicia, her friend Jackie and our friend Gwen from the Wee Bee.

It was a wonderful show and, as usual, we made a bee line for the vendors to see what was new, unusual or that we couldn't live without!

I'm pleased to say I only made two purchases  - 5 fat quarters and a bag of batik scraps!




I liked this quilt, it's definitely going on my "gotta make one day" list!

I like it's "modern" flavor a lot; the fabrics weren't all solid though, mostly small prints.

I saw three quilts from workshops by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville:

Jamestown Landing, Virginia Bound...
and look!  They already made my black and white Strip Twist!

Circles, we were surrounded by circles!




This selvedge spiderweb intrigued me:

closeup!  see that border treatment?
I've been saving selvedges a long time but I don't have that many.  When I feel I have enough I'll either make something out of them or give em away to a good home!



We saw some beautiful quilts and the show was great but we wanted to get off our feet and besides - it was munch time!

After debating whether we "should  have bought this" or "maybe I don't really  need that" we drove over to Famous Dave's BBQ for some well deserved lunch!





I pigged out (forgive the pun!) on bbq spare ribs and chopped pork, yum!

My grand plan for the rest of the afternoon was to settle down for a nice nap when I got home, but I got two phone calls and yadda yadda yadda - I was wide awake.  Oh well.



I didn't show you very many quilts, did I?  There were gobs of pretty quilts and I have more to show you that I'll spread out over the next few posts.  I'm thinking a whole bunch of pictures might make the page load too slow (does anyone still use dial-up?  Do they even have it anymore???)

Well, that's it for now, get out and enjoy your Sunday, sew forth and sew on til later!


4 comments:

  1. It's rare to find FQs at a dollar! I like to see shared show quilts in little bits - gives you more time to really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really like the purple quilt with the circles in a spiral. I would love to see how it was made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry we missed you and Felicia. Wendy and I were there all day on Friday and we were plum tuckered out from volunteer duty, shopping, etc., so decided to skip Saturday. Your pictures are beautiful and we are glad that you had a good time. I am not saying this because I am member of this guild, but it was a pretty good show. Thanks for coming...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamestown Landing with red -- love it! And it may have been a b&w strip twist, but it doesn't have the little bits of red like yours does......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.