Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, June 9, 2014

Keeping the art alive!


In a previous post I talked about a visit to our Bee from Double Nickels president Toni Ford, who is chronicling quiltmaking by seniors.  Founded in 2006 by Antoinette Ford, Double Nickels Theatre Company is a community theatre whose focus pays tribute to the legacy of seniors and veterans by highlighting and sharing their true life stories.

Friday I attended a cook-out at Toni's home to preview the final version of her film, "Senior Quilters: Keeping the Art Alive," and it was great!   I was proud to be a part of it.  In the photo are Double Nickels board members Antoinette Ford (right) and JC Hayward.

I was debating whether to blog about the event because I didn't get a lot of pictures and I'm a bit tongue-tied (or finger-tied) on what to say about it, but I'll share what I have, it is what it is!

Beautiful quilts on display!
This lovely quilt was given to the caterer by her grandmother - why didn't I get close ups???






and what would a cookout be without great food!
The Grillfather is an avid fisherman, he caught the fish he was deep-frying!


yes, that IS home made sweet potato pie!!!


I don't know why I didn't get more pictures of the quilts, what was I thinking?  Quilts were hung under the trees and draped over the fences.  

Double Nickels will release the film on You Tube soon, I'll let you know when it is available.  You might see someone you know!

That's it for now, have to get me gone before the parking restriction time kicks in at 9:30, they DO give $50 tickets!

That's it for now, sew forth and sew on til later

3 comments:

  1. I really want to see that film.Be sure and let us know. Oh what a beautiful picnic day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known Toni for years. She was on the board of the organization that I work for. She is so dynamic and just an all around nice person. I didn't know she was interested in quilts and I bet she doesn't remember that I am a quilter. Looking forward to seeing the documentary. Beautiful quilts and the food looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an event not to be missed. Quilts and food .. all beautifully set out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.