Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, October 5, 2012

Starting a bigger quilt

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a movie worth seeing again
(2) Andy Griffith Show reruns
(3) glossy photos

I like the Three Six Twelve pattern so much that I started another one, this time it will be throw size and made using African fabrics. 
I started cutting some pieces yesterday, this is a great time to use up some of the fabrics I've had in my stash awhile.  It's not that I don't like them, I just haven't used them yet.

This quilt will be set four blocks across and five down, with borders added to make up the size I want it to be.  Or maybe I'll put half-blocks along the sides... we'll see.


I had a half dozen sweet potatoes that I got from the "veggie truck" but they're rather large - too large to bake, I think.  I decided to slice and freeze some in a single layer so they wouldn't stick together, then I put them in a baggie.  They froze nicely, now to cut up the other ones....

Frozen sliced sweet potatoes
When I'm ready to eat some I'll fry them (what's the opposite of "deep fry"?) in a skillet with just a little olive oil and butter, just enough to keep them from sticking.  They're good if you add a sprinkle of brown sugar as they cook, but you have to watch closely so they don't scorch.

That's it for now, have a great Friday... sew forth and sew on!

4 comments:

  1. You asked "what's the opposite of "deep fry"? well, I think you mean that you will pan fry them. Mmmmm..sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I like that idea of freesing the slices and will have to try that, love sweet potatos. And I pan fry just about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new quilt is going to be wonderful. You have some great African fabrics. Have you thought about throwing in some solids to really bring out the different patterns? Great idea for the sweet potatoes. I do love pan fried sweet potatoes with salt and pepper and a little bit of curry powder. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing that one go together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.