Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, July 1, 2011

Challenge done

This is my solid fabrics challenge quilt...
all done except for the binding and sleeve!

It looks way different from the version I started with...
See what can happen when you climb out of that box!??

I've already started planning my second masterpiece; this time I'm exchanging with my friend Yetunde

We're both working on the same piece - it's called Gravitation, by Kandinsky.  Yeowww, this will be a REAL challenge for me!  Box, get outta my way!

Sew forth and sew on til later...

7 comments:

  1. Linda, it's beautiful! I love that you did it twice until you got what you loved. Can't wait to see the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lookin' good....isn't it wonderful to have the time to do things the way you want to....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to admit I didn't think you were going to come out with anything on this one, but WOW, I really like it. Good luck on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't retirement a wonderful thing? Those boxes just seem to fall further and further away every single day. Your work is looking great - I love it.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA! If I had on socks they would be knocked off after viewing your (almost) completed masterpiece. Keep on climbing girl. It is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you decided to break down the 'overly blue' section. Keep playing in and out of the box - lovely work is coming from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.