Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, May 21, 2011

Easy Street

Hello everybody, happy Saturday to you.  Yesterday evening we hit our 10,000th visitor, yaaaay!  Could it have been you??

I woke early this morning and cut some more fabrics while watching "Annie" on tv... I always laugh when they do their thing to "Easy Street"...

And then later Annie is all sad-faced because her real parents weren't found...
poor little tyke.

I'm on easy street with this wickedly easy quilt I've been working on!  (Did I ever tell you where you can get the pattern?  Go here:  http://www.byannie.com/  She also has other good stuff!)

By now I've sewn a wicked bunch of blocks - I didn't count them this time, I just know it's "a wicked bunch" -

and I cut loads more strips...
I don't know how many there are, I just know it's "loads!" 

So now I'm all set to sew some more, but this time I know I have a big variety to mix and match.  I've decided to use a solid between the cross-cut blocks, rather than a piece of the African fabrics, to give it more zing.  So ... I'll wait til they're all sewn and cross cut, then decide on the solid fabric.  Sound like a plan?  Sure it does!  Someone asked where I get my fabrics... there's a shop I go to in Silver Hill, Maryland (Paradise Fabrics) which has a large inventory of African fabrics at a very reasonable price.  Every blue moon I'll see something at JoAnn's that strikes my fancy and I'll pick it up.

Today at guild meeting we're scheduled to have several mini-workshops and a Cricut demo, but I think I'll have time to sew at least one or two more blocks.  Every little bit is another step down easy street!

Enjoy your day - sew forth and sew on til later...

4 comments:

  1. I've not heard of a Guild meeting on a Saturday... That sure would make it a great Quilty Day! Take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just glanced at your Countdown - 13 days - Wa Hooooo! Are you "Over the moon?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat a fun post! Love Annie. We have and occassional Saturday guild workshop meeting - not as many attend them, they are so missing out on a lot of fun. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently was invited to join the Unruly group so I was checking out the blog of other members. I saw the African fabrics and had to stop and really look to see what you are going to make with them. I love dutch wax african prints and bought a boat load about a year and a half ago when a shop in Cincinnati, Ohio was going out of business. I will keep checking your progress using these. I have a couple of quilts on my blog somewhere using my dutch wax prints.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.