(1) Spring springing
(3) figuring it out
I was looking at Bonnie's latest quilt cam and it made me want to dive back into those lozenge leader-enders that I started some time ago! But first, I wanted to change the blade in my cutter.
Has this ever happened to you? I had disassembled the cutter when something on the news caught my attention, so I put down the handle and turned around to look at the TV. When I turned back and put it together... oops!!
uhmm... something's not quite right!
not this either!
Fortunately I remembered that some of my pictures have the cutter in them, so I went back to my camera and found what I needed - whew!
Now for the lozenges...
I started by cutting a bunch of 3-1/2 x 6-1/2 pieces for the main part, using whatever came to my hand.
I have very very few 3-1/2" strips, so I was working mainly from scraps and uglies for these.
Here's a fun piece!
Some time ago I was in an online food post card swap; this was left over from a Kellogg's corn flake post card.
Bonnie would say "toss it in there!" - so I did!
I followed her advice and pinned the pieces into sets of 10, this sure makes it easy to see at a glance how many you have.
100 pieces - just the tip of the iceberg, but it's a start!
Then I pulled all the precut blacks and neutrals from my 2" strip bin... I need more, I think!
A few 2" squares.
I'll cut more and take these to guild meeting tomorrow, it's a no-brainer to draw the diagonal lines during the meeting.
If I have plenty of these at the sewing machine and ready to sew, I'm more apt to actually DO them - I'm on my way!
That's it for now, it's a gorgeous day out there, get out and enjoy it! Sew forth and sew on til later!