Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, July 12, 2014

Done and done

Three things to be happy about:
(1) cool mornings
(2) swag bags
(3) finishing up!

I should have called this post "Done and almost  done" because scrap wrangling is an ongoing job!

They finished up the renovations in my sewing room on Thursday, I think it looks good as new.  They inserted 6" anchor bolts into the brick at both ends of the room to steady up the wall, so I shouldn't have any more shifting problems.

Unless we have another earthquake???  God forbid!

I did my part with the scraps though; it went from this:

to this:

to this!

At 14" square, these little bins I'm using are a great size -  get them in sets of 4 at Costco for somewhere around $20, not bad at all!   I'd like to have filled an entire bin with strips, but I did what I did, right?  I cut a lot of 2" strips so I'll have even more variety for my "x and +" blocks, along with some 2-1/2" and 3-1/2" strips for the other bins.  All the noogies went into the trash.

I still have to sort and fold before I move all the other stuff back into the sewing room and I can't sew til it's done, so I see more purging in my immediate future!  I'm not willing to just toss it back under the cutting table since it's all pulled out.

That's it for now, have a great day, sew forth and sew on...

5 comments:

  1. I like those bins - will have to ask my SIL to look for them her next trip to Costco! It's a good start in taming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you've finished your scrap wrangling, wanna come help me get mine in order? Pretty please.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen those bins and they look like a great storage solution. , What is the product or brand name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I greatly enjoy having things all stashed in bins.... but why is it that what I want is always in the bin on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taming the scrap monster seems to be a never ending battle for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.