Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Two test units done

Three things to be happy about:
(1) melting snow
(2) sunshiny mornings
(3) rising temperatures

Well!  Today I'm in a much better mood, can you tell?

I cut a few more pieces for the Lozenge leader ender challenge and sewed two test blocks, although with this pattern you really don't need a test block.  Although in this case I'm glad I did!

When I cut the little 2" squares for the corner HST I figured I'd use a combination of lights on one block and darks on the others... only it doesn't quite look right. 


Took another look at what Bonnie cut and I discovered the difference:  she was cutting blacks for the light blocks and neutrals  for the dark blocks!  W  

When I studied the original quilt I realized the little corner pieces created a definite pattern that could make a difference in the finished quilt.  So, back to the cutting board!  I only cut a few of the 2" squares, so I'll pull my black scraps - and my neutral scraps - to cut the real  ones.  

These blocks are so ugly I don't want to use them in the quilt...   


All isn't lost though - I"ll cut the ends into little flying geese and the middle will be a scrap!

Meanwhile I'm going to have a great day.... I notice my neighbor 4 doors down hasn't cleaned off her car, I'll call her to make sure she's okay - shoot I'll even clean it off for her!  Sew forth and sew on til later!

3 comments:

  1. I noticed the dark and lite on the corners for the lozenge blocks - I have a lot of black scraps that need using up. Yes, important to check on neighbors (ours are rather far from us) and pay it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a good way to hit those scraps I will have to check out Bonnie's site
    enjoy your day
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that Bonnie is always saying, if it's still ugly, you haven't cut it small enough.....great thinking to make the pieces usable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.