Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, March 10, 2014

Three more done

Three things to be happy about:
(1) signs of spring
(2) the colors of spring
(3) springing forward!

Two sure signs of spring for me are the clock springing  forward and street cleaning starting up again!  Today they clean my side of the street and parking is restricted between 9:30 and 11:30 or you risk a ticket.  Can you believe this... last year they installed cameras on the sweeping trucks so they can take pictures of the scofflaws, upload it to the District's Public Works database and bingo - a ticket!!



I used this clipart I found someplace to create three more blocks for my bee's 10th anniversary swap...

I like the silhouette, it's clean and simple!  To keep  it simple I eliminated the cover, and traced the word "Cafe" onto the platter instead.


Here's a green one:
I hope someone likes green!

A red one...

and my favorite!

I had just enough left of this blue fabric for the words:
it looks black, but it's a lovely shade of blue.  Not even a crumb left of this one!

Temperature's rising, have a great day, do something creative, sew forth and sew on...





2 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea! Great block to add

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least they're keeping the streets well, like they should. We ought to get some bit of silver lining out of this. Though it would be more beneficial if they employed the right kinds of sweepers that do the deed in a shorter amount of time, or a better time slot at that. The kind that reduces the stress, instead of adds to it ;)

    Haaker

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.