Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, July 29, 2013

Busy at the bee

Three things to be happy about:
(1) iced tea with real mint
(2) hot pink
(3) lending a helping hand

Today is my mom's birthday... had she not passed away in 1995, she would have been 100, imagine that!

We had a great bee meeting on Saturday!  Pat did a workshop on the spiderweb quilt that she made last year and displayed at the North Michigan Park community day activities - her quilt won the viewer's choice award.

Anyway, we convinced her to do a workshop, and Saturday was the day.  In my humble opinion, Pat is a very good teacher.  :o)

I like the technique and it's easy to do, but I wasn't crazy about the quarter-block that I made; except for a few pieces I purloined, my strips were all 1 inch wide...bo-RING!
I think I'll like this better made with random-width strips.

We collected about 10 AIDS blocks for the panel; we need to start putting the panel together in September, so the others will be collected by that time.  There were some pretty, creative blocks turned in:

Felicia had asked that we make pillowcase dresses for a project she is helping with; there were quite a few collected...
some people used pillowcases and some just used fabric from their stash.

And then Debbra couldn't resist a photo-op!
She's visiting from California for a few weeks, WeeBee real glad to see her!

Have a great Monday, sew forth and sew on til later...



5 comments:

  1. OMG these are stunning,Gorgeous Details and Colours.
    Easy to make!!!
    Wow...This is what i have been looking for and you have done a great job. Beautiful cards.
    scrapbooking stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see quilts hung outside. Look at all those cute dresses!! I look forward to seeing the Aid quilt put together, will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, will send people over to vist from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiderweb blocks can be tedious to make, especially with such skinny strings. I used a variety of strips in mine, but most were about 2 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love the pillow case dresses. I would love to make and contribute. I will get the details from you. Welcome back - I missed the 3 things to be happy about...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.