Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My little quilt

Three things to be happy about:
(1) fruit butters
(2) the smell of coffee perking
(3) little red wagons

I like that fresh apple butter you can get this time of year when you visit the farmers markets, there's just something so different from the ones you get off the grocer's shelf.  You know it's presevative-free when they tell you to refrigerate after opening, and eat it all up quick!

Remember this project?


I used it as inspiration to make this one for Yetunde:

And this is the one she made for me...


I love it!

Isn't it interesting how two people can be inspired by the same piece, yet each final product is different?  I believe one of the wonderful things about quiltmaking is, each person's work reflects some part of their unique personality.  And at the same time, that unique-ness changes over time.  Who hasn't looked back at their first (or third!) quilt and seen changes between that one and the ones you do today. 

It's all good!

Sew forth and sew on til later...



1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.