Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, November 10, 2018

Sew forth

Three things to be happy about:
(1) music
(2) refrigerator oatmeal
(3) that there is always something to be happy about

Sometimes you're sailing along and hit a bump, you hurdle over it and hit another bump, then dang if there isn't another bump right in your face!

When we had all that hard rain a few months ago I had a leak in my sewing room, at the top of a window.  I made an insurance claim because there was a strong smell and I was afraid there was mold in my wall.  They removed the entire window wall (no mold, but mildew) and my deductible for "wind blown water damage" was $1000.  Buncha crap, when my "rain damage" deductible is something like $300.

Well it was determined that the rain problem was coming from the gutter, and I finally got it replaced last Friday, for just over $800.

And then this week I got a bad leak in the kitchen, coming from underneath the cabinet, which was also dripping pouring into the basement powder room!

Long story short, yesterday the plumber had to break into the wall and replace a corroded pipe. 

My pipe was almost completely stopped up and when I dumped a lot of water all at once (dishwashing) it flowed back up through the hole and onto the floor under the cabinet, and in turn dripped down through the floor into the basement powder room.  It had probably been dripping through that hole a long time and I never noticed it.  Nasty.



So now I have the pleasure of having to hire someone to repair the two lovely holes he left me, under the sink and in the two columns at counter height. 

Stumbling Moving right along...


The second row of the 12 Days of Christmas challenge is practically done, I just have to make a final decision about the piece of fabric for the space between the two ladies.  My instinct is to go with a large piece of what you see hanging there.

The wonky flying geese I made earlier in the week were sewn into the horizontal strip between the two rows.  I set the geese "belly to belly" to give them a diamond-like shape.

I was able to use the little free form stars I found, they look pretty okay in the grouping!  I'll most likely have this finished by Thanksgiving, but right now I don't even want to think about it. 

With everything that's been going on lately my horse is due to come in!  Except, I don't play the horses ... Sew forth and sew on.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say something along the lines of 'when it rains, it pours', but thought better of it. Oh, wait... (Hopefully it's all now sorted out - what a mess!)
    Loving your ladies and today's happies (especially #3!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how that sounds like my saga ... water leaking into the walls and rotting out the floorboards, and dripping through the second floor ceiling... At least the leak finally got stopped but replacing the rotten beams ... I don't think possible. At least, hopefully, the repair guy can speak English....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.