Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Just puttering

Three things to be happy about:
(1) stuffed chops
(2) line dancing
(3) a good deal

Sometimes I'm still amazed at the good stuff you can find at the Dollar Tree!

Udderly Smooth hand cream, love it!

I mention again, all dollar stores are not created equal - I call them "brand x" dollar stores. Names like 'Dollar Ocean' or 'Dollar and More' or 'Dollar Plus' - they just aren't the genuine article.  IMHO, it has to be Dollar Tree, or nothing!


While I was puttering around not sewing, I dug up this top yet again.  I keep taking it out and putting it back.

The issue is, should I add a border, or just have it quilted without one.  It measures 72" square and it would look great as a borderless quilt.

If I add on a border, what kind??

The entire thing is made of 6" string blocks, so I don't think it would look good with a solid border.

I could make a string border in 6" blocks, I guess.

hmmm ...




If I go borderless, will I lose any of the important parts when it's trimmed after quilting??

Decisions, decisions.




Sew forth and sew on and on....

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. The quilt is gorgeous. Finish it. It doesn't need a border. It belongs someplace where it can be adored, which is out of the closet (LOL). Get a backing (of course, not just ANY backing) and get it quilted. Of course, if you HAVE to have a border, use a lot of of your lights in varying lengths, (or the same length as one of your blocks, but offset them so the seams to become too bulky) maybe 2" wide. That way you won't lose your corners and the quilt will still have the "string" thing. You can always trim it down. Now GO!!

    lol and hugs,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops.. should have read...

    "offset them so the seams DON'T get too bulky"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a string pieced piano keys border? It's beautiful with or without.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be tempted to make more light/dark string blocks like the 'flying geese' units of your star blocks and set them all around as a border with the darker sides of the blocks to the outside. (I can see it in my head, but I'm not explaining it well.)
    It's so beautiful that no matter what you do it'll be great! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. Dollar Tree is the only dollar store I bother with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.