Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, February 8, 2016

Top done!

Three things to be happy about
(1) being in the know
(2) TV show marathons
(3) chunky jewelry

I did it and I'm glad!

It's always great to finish up a UFO, this one has been hanging around for awhile.  I looked back over my posts to when I started this quilt - 4 years!  You can read the initial post here.

It occurred to me Saturday that this project qualifies for the American Patchwork & Quilting’s "It all Adds Up" Quilt-Along.




I wasn't too sure about my choice for that inner border - still not 100% sure, maybe I should have gone with gold - but it's a done deal now!


The peacocks just nestled right into the outer border.  They weren't fussy cut but hey, that's fine with me!

I would have lost too much fabric otherwise; my goal was to use up the fabric, not create scraps by fussy cutting!

So that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Today will be a no-sew day for me, I have to take my sewing machine to Hancock Fabrics so the repairman can look at it.  I have a very disobedient foot pedal that sometimes wants to keep sewing when I take my foot off.  I mean I'm stomping and banging on it to make it stop - annoying as heck when I'm trying to adjust my seam!  Anyway, I'm hoping he can replace the pedal while I wait, that Hancock's is over 20 miles away.

Have a great Monday, I hope your team won the Superbowl, sew forth and sew on til later...

6 comments:

  1. Making more scraps isn't ever the motive for piecing with me. My repair man is over 75 miles away so sometimes I bring it to a friend to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a good choice for the first border, neutral and not emphasizing any one color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lite inner border made for a good 'eye rest'. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous. Love the borders with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the inner border is just right. It holds all those colorful bits together.
    Really nice finish ... and I hope the repair people can get your machine to behave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've watched your progress on this quilt and I just couldn't imagine what it was going to look like but---wow! you really pulled it off. What a happy quilt. I think I need to add that block to my growing list of "must do's".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.