Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, February 12, 2016

A change of direction

Three things to be happy about:
(1) patterned throw rugs
(2) Ott lights
(3) sweet tater tots

I've never tried the sweet potato tots but they sound good; I like the sweet potato fries, so I know I'd like the tots too!


Still working on the Christmas swap blocks from my Bee.

I don't have a large enough square ruler to cut the diagonals, so I just use my 8-1/2" wide ruler.

Whatever works...


But this didn't - yuck!

It looked great when I did that one block with the angel, but I don't like the way that red and white looks when the blocks are sewn together.

The sashing declared a turf war - not gonna work!

Oh how I hate unsewing!

So I went to my stash to find some low-impact fabric to surround the tilted blocks as a straight-on sashing.

I picked out a muted shade of green that would have looked good, but I didn't have enough of that piece, and green can be a bit tricky anyway.

Different shades of grey will work, using the same fabric on two sides of each block.

I'm using 4 different fabrics that are muted enough to let the blocks take center stage.  I feel good about this choice.

Sew forth and sew on

1 comment:

  1. The sashing really calms it down, but I can't help wondering what kind of secondary patterns might have cropped up with the original setting. (Something I may explore in the future. Hmm...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.