Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, November 9, 2013

One of these is not like the other...

Three things to be happy about:
(1) soapy dish water
(2) a lovely sunrise
(3) artisanal hand soap

I like the soaps you get from Bath & Body Works, but Ive also become a fan of "Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day" soap, especially the one named "Christmas" (I think).  Last year about this time I found some at Target, and I liked it so much because it had such a fresh pine-y smell. I'll be keeping my eye open for it; I went to Target yesterday and found some named "Parsley" that I like, but I really want some more of the Christmas scent!

As much as I've been working with the strings, I haven't anything "new" to show ... one page of strips looks suspiciously like another, like another, like another.  But I did come up out of the string box and work on something else for awhile that I think will be fun...

Anybody subscribe to the Quilt Pro block of the day?  You get a block every day for the current year; after that I think they charge for the collection.  Anyway, I had been collecting the blocks that interested me and hadn't done anything with them so I figured - why not!

Here are some I've done:



They'r all paper pieced and they'll finish at 4 inches, a cute size for a small wall hanging.  I think the three blocks with multiple pieces are more attractive than the apple, so I'll probably stick with those.

It looks like a beautiful day outside, I'm still in my jammies with my cuppa although I did catch part of Love of Quilting when I climbed from neath the covers.  Marianne was working on a quilt of valor project today -  
pretty block, and it should go together quickly because the blocks are so humongous!

That's it for now ... tomorrow I go to visit with my sister for a few days, she needs some decompression time about now.  Have a great day, sew forth and sew on til Wednesday or Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.