Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Quilt show and other goodies

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a rocking chair
(2) new non-designer sneakers
(3) an empty bird nest

I'm glad about the empty nest because I found one under my porch awning, and I couldn't have brought myself to destroy it if there had been eggs in it.

Felicia and I went to the Faithful Circle quilt show early last month, here are just a few pics:

Cute spiky stripes ...

... and a 3-D setting

Challenge: use the fabric and alphabet drawn from a bag

Birds!

What would a quilt show be without at least one Baltimore album style quilt?

and another one!  This one looks Celtic somehow

This one was for me - I love houses!

t-shirts ...

 and tuffets!

There was an entire section dedicated to Quiltville quilts ...

these are just a few - do you recognize them??

We ended the day with a trip to the Amish market, such temptation!

but I only yielded to a package of molasses cookies and half a loaf of sweet potato bread. 

That's it for now, it's a nice day to get out and do stuff.  Sew for and sew on til later!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a pretty perfect day!
    I've often wondered how many quilts Bonnie Hunter has inspired - the number must be mind-boggling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty quilts! That second one is cool looking to me and how it goes outside into the border of sorts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.