Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, February 15, 2014

Need a little sunshine

Three things to be happy about:
(1) sealing a letter with a kiss
(2) twilight time
(3) You Tube

You've probably seen it by now but I think this YouTube video says it all!





I went through my scraps and made a few more of the Sunbonnet Sue blocks for my sister's youngest granddaughter, using my Accuquit GO die.

Here's a tip:  If you use this particular die, look at it carefully.  The shoes may be turned backwards and you'll need to place the fabric opposite of the other pieces.  In other words, if you place the main pieces fabric side up, place the paper side up for the shoes.





I'm making 9 blocks for the quilt; since I only have enough of this particular background fabric for six blocks - even though it doesn't really matter - I'll do six Sues and alternate them with star blocks.



I almost got distracted in the details of matching the scraps but you know, it's really not a big deal!

By the time I get the stars in place it'll be a cute little quilt for a 4 year old!


I showed you two blocks way back last year; all I need to do is stitch these down and make the stars.  9" blocks will do nicely!

Today I have guild meeting, in our workshop we're supposed to start working on blocks from Tula Pink's City Sampler - 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.  I don't have the book yet and I haven't decided if I'll do this series or not, some of the blocks look interesting though.  Someone was doing it as a sew-along, I can't remember who it was or I would give her a shout-out.

Well, that's it for now, let's hope I can make guild meeting!  Sew forth and sew on til later

2 comments:

  1. Now you can get this finished. I've seen some of the Tula quilts (in various sizes) and they are wonderful. Not sure who was doing the SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Sunbonnet Sues. I've been following Nancy at Blogging, near Philadelphia. She's been doing a bunch of blocks this past week from that book. First flimsy were bright batiks. The second one she's working on is all grays and blacks.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.