Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, October 31, 2018

One block and other stuff

Three things to be happy about:
(1) peanut butter with grape jelly
(2) a back rub
(3) traditions

Well, we're at the end of another month - where did October go??!  This is the day Bonnie at Quiltville reveals the color palette for her 2018 mystery quilt, been looking forward to it.  It's also the day of the Great Pumpkin!! 


 It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown was created in 1966 as a prime time animated TV special, based on the comic strip Peanuts by Charles Schulz. Did you know it was nominated for a 1966 Emmy Award?  Go figure.

*****
I'm asking for a little quilty help here - I have a friend who really really wants to get ahold of a soft cover book - Scrap Quilts Through the Seasons - published by The Quilter magazine about 10 years ago.  It's out of print, but if you know of a source please let me know - thanks!

*****
Progress on my challenge quilt?  Not so much! 

I discovered that the blocks I intended to use are way too dark; your eye goes straight to that area, and they look out of place.  As an alternative I'm making wonky flying geese and other units using a light fabric instead of the black.  But on second thought, I might be able to use the dark units, depending on the other fabric I throw in - we'll see!

This is all I had time to do for the sashing fillers (just ignore those two little strips) ...

Life does get in the way!

Sew forth and sew on

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.