Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, October 2, 2017

Please don't stop me now!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) fall breezes
(2) hot oatmeal
(3) turning the calendar

It's October already, where did September go???

My October started out trying to finish this quilt that's due to my guild in less than three weeks.

But I swanee, it seems it doesn't want me to quilt it!  I had thread breakage no less than 6 times and I don't know what the problem is. 

I changed threads (including the weight), I rethreaded, I adjusted the tension, I rethreaded, I RETHREADED - nothing seems to work!  The problem seems concentrated on the top of the quilt, the back looks perfect, no bird nests or skipped stitches. GRRRRRR! 

Today I'll change machines and see if that works better.


Meanwhile, I liked that wonky churn dash method that I found on You Tube (Missouri Star) but I didn't like all the negative white space in the 12" blocks.

I'm making one for myself using 6" blocks and different white-and-black fabrics for the background, for a super scrappy look!





Getting a big ole green infusion from Jennifer's scraps I nabbed at the retreat!



I like how these are turning out. 

I'll make a decision later on the setting, but for now I'll keep "churning" them out!


Meanwhile I'll try finishing my quilt on my Janome, I've never used that machine for quilting before, only piecing.

If it still doesn't work out my only other choice is to throw it on the floor and stomp on it (the quilt, not the machine)!  That won't get it quilted but it might make me feel better!

Sew forth and sew on

4 comments:

  1. Too pretty a quilt to stomp on. Turn the machines off and have a glass of your favorite refreshment while you admire your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try a new needle? Hope things work out. Like the smaller blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I also suggest changing the needle, you'll be surprised! That little rascal can cause all kinds of problems when it's worn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tension problems, ugh! I am glad that it's usually fairly easy to resolve on my longarm. ooh, ooh, ooh -- love! those little 6" blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.